6.26.2008

Nocturnal Emissions During Daylight Hours

I apologize in advance about this post, but it's my first day off in about 3 weeks and I've spent most of the last 500 hours of my life trying to navigate the difficult terrain of deciding the level of mockery that should be applied to fully functioning adults that I'm too nervous to simply label "retarded" because, when considering their level of inbreeding, they may actually be mentally deranged. Anyway, this really has nothing to do with film, other than that I am currently "intoxicated" and this is simply a fantastic video. Trust me, coming from someone who has illegally downloaded the main theme from Fletch and listens to it at least once a day for inspiration, this is high praise.
If I ever get married (don't worry, won't happen), I've claimed this as my first song. Back off, homophobes. And is that the same owl from the cover of Rush's Fly By Night? Wow, even wild animals get union gigs these days. McComb's in good company. I'm starting to see where Darren Aronofsky got his inspiration from while making The Fountain....

3 comments:

La Sporgenza said...

Damn Sam....

Totally amped by this shibby video. I'd forgotten about it completely. A minor masterpiece of 80's pulp-pop but I gotta say, it pales in comparison to Larry's pièce de résistance - "A Criminal Mind" from a couple of years earlier. If I knew how to post a YouTube thingy I'd stick in the updated 2002 Maestro feat. Infinite and Gowan cover of the original which you can see here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Ivwvi_1Mg

It's a world full of savages
Parasites, bloodsuckers and leaches
I'm cryin' freedom from the demons
They blasphemin'
Idi Amin'n'
Philistine'n

Wow! Sounds like Roncey.

Still, Moonlight Desire is a bitchin vid Joe AND we get Jon Anderson too. Doesn't get much better than that (unless you could somehow shoehorn Steve Perry from Journey in there too).

Rock on.....

Sporgy

the coelacanth said...

posting videos is one of the easiest things to do on here: wherever you want your video in the post, you copy and paste the "embed" code (above the "related videos" sidebar) from youtube. that's it! oh, i just watched the maestro video - it's amazing...

the coelacanth said...

wow - maestro's relly making a career off of sampling can-con rock, eh? that rhyme you quoted ios mind blowing...Idi Amin'n'? gawwwwwd-damn....