11.08.2009

While I like being alone.....



One of these is a trailer for the movie Tulpan (2008) and one is a still showing Kazakhstan's tree... or it could be the other way around too. I'm not sure. Sorry, the tree one is the trailer. I'm pretty sure I saw it move. My mistake.

A critically lauded ethnographic drama set on the Kazakhstan Steppe – a godforsaken landscape of wind, dust, camels, goats and 8 people, all of whom are in the movie. This is a beautifully realized epic landscape film, a sweetly comic coming-of-age story and a lyrical work of social realism... just like every single other ethnographic drama I've ever seen.

No wonder the Mongol hordes swept across Asia and conquered half the known world. The other choice was staying put in that arid shithole without a gun to blow your brains out. Based on Tulpan, I'd have to bet that Mars has more going on than the Southern Kazakhstan Steppe.

Strike one highly acclaimed movie from the year end review list...

Mars, incidently...







Sporgey

No comments: