10.02.2008

Go Speeeeed!


I'm going to go ahead and call Speed Racer the most under rated film of the year... probably of the past decade. I can't believe critics gave Indiana Jones a pass this year (quite possibly one of the worst films i have ever seen) but crucified this movie. I mean the critics really shat on this one, sure it's flashy and is incoherent and is filmed with actors on swivel chairs. But there's something about this baby that's loud and fast and just plain amaze inducing. it made me feel like a little kid. I even cried at the end of this one.

then again maybe i was so blown away because i laid in bed watching this one at 10am eating mac and cheese (white cheddar i might add) straight outta the pot trying to get over one of the worst hangovers i've ever had.

Still... it moved me.

2 comments:

La Sporgenza said...

YESSSSSS! I concur.

the coelacanth said...

white cheddar is really the ONLY way to go. i wanna watch this one because of devo. is there a big pirate, a barbie doll, or a doctor in the film? i sure hope so...