9.26.2008

Pollyticks

I am far from what one might call a "political" person. In fact, I am the most apolitical person I know (and sometimes feel ashamed of the fact). Anyway, there are a couple of big "political" films coming up that I'm uncharacteristically excited about, mostly because of their directors, of whom, while possessing radically different styles, I remain a rabid fan. Is that sentence grammatically correct? Mrs. McCallister (grade 3), can you let me know? Here are the trailers:

Gus Van Sant's Milk


Oliver Stone's W.


Could W. be the new Downfall? Time will tell. But the trailers, and my heart, have me voting for Milk...

4 comments:

La Sporgenza said...

5 comma's is far too many for one sentence......

"I'm uncharacteristically excited about a couple of upcoming politically-themed films. Even though their works are stylistically unique and radically different from one another, I remain a fan of both directors. I also have rabies."

I, think that that, sounds more better then before when you wrote it.

the coelacanth said...

p.s. - there is no apostrophe in "commas", dummy.

point taken, though. but i do love me some commas.

La Sporgenza said...

So when do you use apostrophe's then smart guy?

the coelacanth said...

i....i can't explain. it's more of a "feeling"...not "more than a feeling", perhaps the greatest rock song ever written.