12.05.2009

The End of The Year End Review

Many thanks to all those who contributed to the Year End Review. It's finally coming together and looks good. Some editing left to do - I need to add another K to Nikki's name for example, but otherwise, it's there, all 22506 words of it. Additional thanks to Joe and Nick for their ongoing assistance editing this monster

I just finished the following (and final) piece for the Review tonight, ending on a satisfying high note.


Steer Well Clear of this Dude

This year's Bad Karma Award goes to one Nicholas Mets, who, last Christmas (Boxing Day to be exact) signed up at the Film Buff West, rented all of our Disney Herbie the Love Bug movies and never brought them back. If you happen to know this piece of work, you'd be wise to avoid standing right next to him because someday, somewhere, somehow the cosmic balance will be restored and Mr. Mets is gonna have to pay..... and pay big.

When they finally thaw out Walt and rebuild him like a Terminator, I'm gonna tell him all about you Mets. Count on it.

5 comments:

Dropkick said...

we already know who wrote the best two pages:
ME* BABY!!!

* = Scott

the coelacanth said...

let's do the fork in the garbage disposal!

La Sporgenza said...

Oh Kris..... Gentle Kris.... How naïve you youngsters can be. This is a VANITY exercise, not a fucking democracy. I have FOURTEEN pages devoted to my word-sounds and yes, once Joe corrects all the spelling mistakes, punctuation errors, grammatical miscues and general butchering of the King's English and makes them read real good, they will indeed be the best.

To think that I'd get just two pages like the rest of you clowns? Come on....... be reasonable. I'm still cutting Kendall's reviews so I can fit in some more of my beat poetry for Christ's sake. She's down to a column and a half and fading fast.

“Roncey...... pouncy...... puddin..... and pie.
You gots a baby …..now ain't that fly
your dog's..... in my way....
leash that damn bitch....Mitch”

etc.

Two pages....... ridiculous.

La Sporgenza said...

....or were you just saying that I'd likely edited your reviews to the point that they were more mine than yours now Kris?

Sorry, I might have got off on a bit of a tangent there.

Email me and I'll tell you what your favourite films were last year. I doubt you've seem any of them.

You hated Inglourious Basterds, by the way, but not as much as Joe, Kendall and Tom did. They had nothing good to say about it at all.

It's good being La Sporgenza

.....very good in fact.

the coelacanth said...

gilbert - the link to channelgirl.info is broken, could you fix it?