11.04.2010

Scott Pilgrim Rocks.

I don't have much to add to Kris's comprehensive post about Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World from a few months ago, but with its Tuesday release on DVD/Blu-Ray, I wanted to drag it back up to the top of the blog. SPVTW is a blast. It's the most fun I've had watching a movie all year. The effects are nicely handled, the music and score excellent and the actors well cast, particularly Michael Cera in the lead. The PG rating is a huge bonus for us and in spite of the fact that this one tanked at the box office, I expect it'll find some life on our shelves (actually preferably off). Totally enjoyable and an easy recommendation, even for tweenies. And speaking of tweenies.....


It's somebody's 12th 12th birthday! …..Happy Birthday to you know who, who turns +/-12 again in the next couple of days. She and her BFF's are all going to Medieval Times to celebrate tonight! Imagine, this after just returning from 5 full days of rides at Universal Theme Park in Florida. You go girl.

Sporgey

5 comments:

the coelacanth said...

haha! good one on the b-day wishes.

i LIKED but didn't LOVE SPVTW. byn loved it. i suspect i would've liked it a tad more had cera not been the lead. hate that guy. he was awkward/cute in AD, but is now creepy/reptilian and i despise it. the "film" played too much like a vid game for me, and while the sentiments were certainly sweet and hit their marks, when it was all said and done, i felt like i would have rather been playing mk2. not HORRIBLE, just not MEMORABLE.

now....THE WILD HUNT...hooooleee shit, someone else needs to watch this so we can talk about it. rocked my world, and i felt really weird after it ended. it affected me DEEPLY. dark, dark shit.

the coelacanth said...

oh, and i'll just add, your (mis)use of the apostrophe continues to confound/enrage me. well done!

La Sporgenza said...

Re: "your (mis)use of the apostrophe continues to confound/enrage me." I'm trying so hard to get that right, but keep flubbing it. Damn! I fixed the one I noticed "months", but can't see any others. I am trying. I'll tune into the Wild Hunt this weekend. If it made YOU feel weird, it'll likely drive me nut's.

La Sporgenza said...

Ya... I can see your point about the vid game problem with SPVTW, but only a complete heartless scumbag wouldn't love Cera as Pilgrim. He definitely looks like a turtle though, a cute slacker turtle.

Worsenfunk said...

SPVTW totally rocks. and it does often look like a video game but all the best parts and nicely assimilated into the film. It's like Speed Racer and Star Trek's love child